The slot loading iMac (named for the slot where a CD is inserted) replaced the older tray loading iMac.
The slot loading iMac has a faster CPU, more RAM as standard, built in FireWire, an improved graphics and sound architecture and a slot instead of a tray on the CD drive.
As can be seen from the technical specs, the slot loading iMac is a wide definition, with processor speeds from 350 - 700 MHz. Other options remain reasonably constant, the important things to note is the addition of two FireWire ports on 400MHz and above models, an improved graphics system and a change to the level 2 cache.
Call our team of experts today on 01223 833 412.
Current Configurations Available:
- None currently in stock. Please contact us for availability information.
Original Tech Specs
- Introduced: OCT 1999
- CPU: PPC 750 (G3)
- CPU speed: 350/400/450/500/600MHz
- FPU: integrated
- Maximum RAM: 1024MB
- RAM sockets: 2, PC133 SDRAM
- Minimum speed: 100MHz
- VRAM: 4MB/8MB
- ROM: 1 MB ROM +
- L1 cache: 32 k data, 32 k instruction
- L2 cache: 512KB backside (1:2)
- Data path: 64 bit
- Bus speed: 100MHz
- System Software: 8.5 - 10.4 (350MHz 10.3.9 max)
- Slots: 0 PCMCIA CARDBUS SOCKET
- USB : 2
- FireWire: 2 in 400MHz and later, none in 350.
- AirPort: In Later Machines
- HD: 10 - 40 GB Ultra ATA-66
- CD: CD / DVD / CDRW
- Display: 15" CRT 1024x768
- Ethernet: 10/100B-T
- Gestalt ID: 406
- Power: 150Watts
- Weight: 40lbs.