Apple iMac G5
Announced in August 2004, the iMac G5 brought the G5 processor to Apples consumer level ("i" series) machines.
A radical redesign centered around a 17" or 20" TFT on a perfectly formed arm. The TFT casing contains the workings of the iMac, which can be accessed by removing the back of the unit.
This iMac is the only Apple to use the G5 processor, apart from the PowerMac G5, although the clock speed is kept down due to this CPU's large thermal output.
The unit has a slot loading Combo or SuperDrive located on the top right of the unit.
The revisions released in late 2005 also include a built-in iSight camera.
The ports and connectors are all hidden stylishly round the back. In short, another wonderful design from the team lead by Jonathan Ives at Apple's design center.
Call our team of experts today on 01223 833 412.
Current Configurations Available:
- None currently in stock. Please contact us for availability information.
Original Tech Specs
- Introduced: AUG 2004
- CPU: PPC 970G5)
- CPU speed: 1.6/1.8/1.9 /2.0/2.1GHz
- FPU: integrated
- Maximum RAM: 2048MB
- RAM sockets: 2 x 184PIN DDR
- Minimum speed: 400MHz
- VRAM: 64MB
- ROM: 1 MB ROM +
- L1 cache: 32 k data, 64k instruction
- L2 cache: 512KB backside (1:2)
- Data path: 64 bit
- Bus speed: 533/600MHz
- System Software: 10.3.5 - 10.5
- Slots: 0 PCMCIA CARDBUS SOCKET
- USB : 3 x USB 2.0
- FireWire: 2
- AirPort: 1 (Extreme)
- HD: 80/120 GB Ultra ATA-100
- CD: COMBO / SUPERDRIVE
- Display: 17" TFT 1440 x 900 20" 1680x1050
- Ethernet: 10/100B-T
- Gestalt ID: 406
- power: 180Watts
- Weight: 18.5 lbs.